The General Data Protection Regulation is a collection of laws implemented by the European Commission on 25 May 2018 for all companies operating in Europe. Lavunett Eyewear is therefore subject to this regulation.
What does it change?
To protect internet users from data breaches and the abuse of personal data, companies must now inform visitors of any digital processing carried out using data collected.
Like all online retailers, we gather data about internet users and work with various third-party service providers who have access to part of our data.
This data is essential for ensuring you have the best possible experience on our website and making sure that your order is processed smoothly.
Where are Lavunett’s servers located?
The servers for the Lavunett website are hosted exclusively by DigitalOcean, in Amsterdam.
These servers contain all of our databases required for operating the website. Information concerning customer accounts is stored here.
So that you can access your order history, this information is only deleted at your request.
Does Lavunett sell my personal data?
Lavunett does not sell your personal data and never will. Some companies exchange customer files for commercial prospection, but Lavunett does not. All the data we collect is kept by us and will never be given, loaned or sold to any third-party company.
Are my passwords secure?
Passwords are stored “encrypted” and it is impossible to decrypt them. Your passwords are therefore secure.
And my bank card details?
For bank card payments, we work with one of the largest service providers, Stripe, who guarantee the security of your data.
At no point we have access to your bank card number.
What personal data do you collect about me and for what purposes?
Lavunett may request the web users personal data when consulting and using the site and in particular:
- when the user is setting up an account,
- when the user makes an order on the site,
- when the user contacts customer service.
Data collected are for the use of Lavunett in enabling management of the business and contractual relationship with the user and for informing him or her if need be of any offers and updates.
The web user may receive if he or she has expressly so agreed, electronic prospecting from Lavunett and its partners.
The web user may opt out at any time using the link for de-subscription contained in the aforementioned electronic prospecting.
In compliance with the law on data processing and privacy dated 6 January 1978 as amended by the statute dated 6 August 2004 the web user has the right to access, object to and rectify any personal data concerning him as described in the section entitled “protection of privacy”.
When you create a customer account on our website, we record in our systems all of the information required to process your order - your email address, your full name, your postal address, and your telephone number - so that we can prepare and deliver your order.
This order information is sent to the various service providers involved in ensuring your order reaches you, namely our logistician who prepares the package and the shipping company who delivers it to your address.
They are in no way permitted to use your data for any purpose other than the processing of your order and must delete this data from their information systems once the order has been processed. These service providers store the data in data centers in Europe.
However, if you opt for delivery outside Europe, your data and your postal address will need to be sent to the logistics department of the shipping company that will deliver your order in this country.
If we have your consent, we also use your email address to send you our weekly newsletter. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link “me désabonner” (unsubscribe) at the bottom of the newsletter or directly from the website in your customer account in the section “mon compte/vos données personnelles”. This will have immediate effect.
We use a French service provider for our newsletters which is ISO-27001 certified. To this end, they guarantee that data is stored in maximum security.
In order to continually improve our services, we use software and services operated by third-party providers that enable us to better understand our business. To this end, we provide these programs with access to data in our customer database, your browsing history on our website, and information on the products ordered.
Most of our programs are hosted in France or Europe but some have businesses in the United States.
Consequently, all information handled for statistics purposes outside of Europe is fully anonymized.
Like most online retailers, we record your visits so that we can show you advertising whilst you browse other websites. This procedure does not involve the processing of personal data and neither the advertising department nor the third-party sites displaying our advertising will have access to your contact details.
If you no longer wish to see our advertising, you can delete the cookies from your web browser.
How do I delete cookies?
Your email address, surname, first name and order reference number are sent to our partner Diduenjoy who will send you a feedback survey. This data is not sent to any other company and is only used to assess your buying experience on the Lavunett website.
What should I do if I want to change or remove the information you hold about me?
You can change most data yourself directly from your customer space on our website.
If you cannot find what you are looking for, please email us your request at email@example.com.
Policy on cookies
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a Web Server can keep on the hard disk of a computer for storing information on the web user. The cookie identifies your computer uniquely and can only be read by the web site which has sent it to the computer.
A cookie is not an executable file or a programme and cannot therefore propagate itself.
What are cookies for?
The purpose of using cookies is to recognize users and to provide a better more personalized service. In order to do this, we identify the origin of the web user, his or her preferences (country, opening session, characteristics of the browser, user information) and gather information on the use of our Web Site.
The aim of using cookies is to obtain statistical information on the use made of our Web Site.
We also draw your attention to the fact that when you decline the installation or use of a cookie, a refusal cookie is installed on your terminal equipment. If you delete this refusal cookie, it will no longer be possible to identify you as having refused to accept cookies. Equally, if you consent to the installation of cookies, a consent cookie is installed. Consent or refusal cookies must remain on your terminal equipment.
How can I deactivate cookies?
To prevent the installation of cookies you should follow the indications for the web browser you use:
- Internet Explorer: on the « Tools > Internet Options » menu, click on the « Confidentiality » tab, select the desired setting and click on advanced parameters. Select “Ignore automatic cookie management”. Click «Activate» or «Block». We recommend accepting the “Always accept session cookies” so as to allow optimal navigation on our Web Site.
- Firefox: on the « Tools > Options » click on the « Confidentiality » tab. Activate or deactivate «Accept web cookies» or «Tell websites not to track me», depending on your browser version. You can also eliminate installed cookies by clicking on the « delete cookies one by one » option.
- Chrome: on the « Tools > Parameters » click on the « Confidentiality > Content parameters » tab. After having selected the « display advanced parameters » click on your preferred cookie settings. If you wish to block installation, you can select the «block data from sites and third party cookies».
- Opera: on the «Settings>Preferences» menu, click on the «Advanced» tab. On the «cookies» menu, select the «Accept traces» or «Never accept cookies» option. If you want a more exhaustive level of control over the cookies which install themselves on your computer, we recommend selecting the «Ask me before accepting cookies» option.
- Safari: on the «Tools>Preferences» menu, click on the «Security» tab. On the «Accept cookies» menu, select «Always» or «Never». If you have an iPhone you should go to «Settings Safari» and choose whether or not to accept cookies.
If you use another browser you can obtain information on settings for installation of cookies via the Help or assistance section of the browser in question.
The cookies we issue on
When you connect to our site we may, subject to your choices, install a number of cookies on your terminal enabling recognition of your terminal’s browser during the validity period of the cookie concerned. The Cookies we issue are used for the purposes described below, subject to your selections, resulting from the parameters on your web software, used on your visit to our site.
The cookies we issue allow us to:
- Draw up statistics on frequency volumes and usage of various elements making up our website (sections and content visited, path) helping us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services
- Adapt the presentation of our site to the display preferences on your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) on your visits to our site, depending upon the content and visualization or reading software on your terminal
- Remember the information relating to a form you have filled in on our site (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information you have selected on our Lavunett.fr site ( service subscribed, the content of an order basket, etc.)
- To allow you to access personal reserved spaces on our site , such as your account, thanks to identifiers or data that you have already provided to us
To apply security measures, for example when you are asked to reconnect to content or a service after a certain period of time.
Cookies issued by third parties
Publicity material (graphics, animations, videos, etc.) broadcast on our publicity spaces are liable to contain cookies issued by third parties: either the advertiser at the origin of the publicity material concerned, or a third party to the advertiser (communications agency, audience analysis company, targeted publicity provider), which has associated a cookie to the publicity material of an advertiser.
If applicable, the cookies issued by these third parties may allow them during the validity period of the cookies:
- To count the number of publicity content displays broadcast via our advertising spaces,
- To identify the advertisements displayed in this way, the number of users who have clicked on each advertisement, thus enabling them to calculate the relevant sums due and to draw up the statistics
- To recognize your terminal when it next navigates on any other site or service on which these advertisers or other third parties also issue cookies, and,
If applicable, to adapt these third party sites and services or the advertisements they broadcast to the terminal’s browser of which they are aware.